What a perfect reminder for all of us in this digital age of Twitter and Instagram.
Relationships don’t suddenly grow out of poking each other on Facebook.
1) Use Blocks of Time.
2) Guard Yourself Against Time Suckers
3) Pause Before You Commit to New Things
4) Guard Your Free Time
5) Put People Before Projects
Read the article for more.
Joining a solid community of bloggers who participate in Jennifer Fulwiler’s “Quick Takes Friday”. 7 quick things to recap the week behind or look at the week ahead.
1) This Tweet from C.J. Wilson, former pitcher for Texas Rangers now signed with the Anaheim Angels yesterday just cracked me up:
@str8edgeracer: Our bus driver just asked if we’re playing baseball while we’re here in town. Not sure what else he assumes a baseball team does on weekends
2) This exciting new women’s magazine, Verily, launched its online teaser a few weeks ago and is well on its way to making a name for itself in the mag world. I’m proud of my friend Ashley who works as their Relationships Editor, but all bias aside this magazine is well worth your time. It’s unbelievably refreshing to have pages upon pages of fashion, advice, and articles that actually make you feel smarter, not like you have to hide the magazine under a cover of “Tom Sawyer” or anything. If I had to come up with one phrase to describe Verily best, I’d say it’s a magazine for women who respect themselves. And who doesn’t want to be a woman like that?? Get your subscription now.
3) Hey Catholics! The Catechism is now online!!
4) Check out this amazing picture of love and filial affection. I wonder what happened to the people in this picture.
5) Got an iTouch this week. What apps should I be downloading? Already in love with Words with Friends, iBreviary, and Oregon Trail…. >.> And since I’m a BBT fan, I got the “Pocket Whip” app that Leonard and Sheldon used. It’s too bad I don’t have a team of sled dogs so I can yell “Mush”. I’ve always wanted a team of sled dogs.
6) In all the hullaballoo of election season and international politics, I have not given enough time to talking about the upcoming Olympics. I am so excited. No, wait, I don’t think you get it. I’m really, really excited. As in, I don’t plan vacations during Olympics time so I can make sure to catch all my favorite events. I LOVE THE OLYMPICS. 49 days from today. What are your favorite events?
7) I think I’m going to start a little tradition to reserve Quick Takes #7 for a favorite prayer. This one to St. Joseph is absolutely amazing.
† Saint Joseph, I thank God for your privilege of being God’s faithful servant. As a token of your own gratitude to God, obtain for me the grace to be a faithful servant of God as you were. Help me to share, as you did, the perfect obedience of Jesus, who came not to do His Will, but the Will of His Father; to trust in the Providence of God, knowing that if I do His Will, He will provide for all my needs of soul and body; to be calm in my trials and to leave it to our Lord to free me from them when it pleases Him to do so. And help me to imitate your generosity, for there can be no greater reward here on earth than the joy and honor of being a faithful servant of God. Amen. †
That’s all for now, folks! Thanks for reading!