Beautiful, well thought-out article. It doesn’t even apply to only romantic relationships, but to all relationships we have in every aspect of our lives.
1) We will remember that every person and relationship is different.
2) We will listen to each other openly, without judgment.
3) We will say what we mean and mean what we say.
4) We will support each other through good times and bad.
5) We will be loyal.
6) We will live by the truth.
7) We will spend quality time with each other (OK, I guess this one lends itself more towards romantic relationships than workplace relationships, but perhaps not.)
8) We will appreciate each other and help each other grow.
9) We will settle disputes peacefully.
10) We will love and respect ourselves as individuals too.
Definitely some good advice for our lives. Thank you, Jabelah.
“The pope said dating should lead to a path of maturity where people can discover just how important the other person is in their life. He also said that all love, is based “on gratitude, sacrifice, forgiveness and mutual respect.” The pope also highlighted how taking that route isn’t always easy.
“Do not believe that living together before marriage guarantees the future. By burning certain stages, you risk burning love itself. Time needs to be respected gradually, just like the expressions of love.” – Pope Benedict XVI
What wise words from a very wise man.
Viva il Papa!!