Month: September 2012
Organs taken from patients that doctors were pressured to declare brain dead, suit charges | NYPOST.com
This is unfortunately why Catholics are unable to list themselves as Organ Donors. It is cases like this in which human greed overrules the sanctity of one human life that make what could be a wonderful and beneficial practice an abhorrent killer of men.
A caloric limit on high school athletes?
Kudos to you, Mr. Everett.
“The star of the 1998 film Shakespeare in Love blazed a trail for gay actors when he came out as homosexual 20 years ago.
However, he has been criticised by gay rights groups after giving an interview in which he decried same-sex couples who have children.
The 53-year-old told the Sunday Times Magazine that his mother Sara had met his boyfriend but “still wishes I had a wife and kids.”
“She thinks children need a father and a mother and I agree with her,” he said. “I can’t think of anything worse than being brought up by two gay dads.
“Some people might not agree with that. Fine! That’s just my opinion. — The UK Telegraph”
All from a youtube video?
I find that hard to believe.
When “free love” is truly embraced, this is absolutely the next logical step.
Wish I could say I’m surprised, but I’m not.
I can’t even, I don’t even, this is …
This kind of forgiveness is unparalleled.
(A day late but that’s alright!)
1) So glad to be back blogging on a semi-regular basis. Transitioning from summer to fall was more difficult than I thought, but now things are hopefully settled and I can get back to following the news like a fiend!
2) A quick prayer for the repose of the soul of those who were massacred in Libya this week, especially for the late Libyan ambassador Chris Stevens.
3) Words with Friends is addicting.
4) The best image I’ve seen online all week:
5) Looking for some great free Kindle sites – any recommendations?
6) Going to promote my twitter newsfeed: twitter.com/lacydelagarza/news-of-the-day-8 – a great place to get the news I get before I get it.
7) Keeping up tradition, favorite prayer:
“God, come to my assistance.
– Lord, make haste to help me.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
– as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen. Alleluia.”