1) Somethings are better left unsaid, apparently. If you follow politics at all you heard about Bill Clinton’s “rescinded statement” re: the Bush tax cuts ….
Former President Bill Clinton said Tuesday that broad tax cuts that expire in January should be temporarily renewed, including for the wealthiest Americans, to give lawmakers time to reach a deal on a longer-term extension that should exclude the rich. FoxNews.com
Appearing on TV on Thursday, Clinton said he “regrets…this stirring up” and is “very sorry” for veering off message on the Bush tax cuts, and the former president denied he is undermining President Barack Obama, insisting he is fully committed to Obama’s reelection. “I’m very sorry for what happened. I thought something had to be done on the fiscal cliff before the election,” Clinton told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, referring to comments he made this week suggesting the Bush tax cuts should be extended – something Obama vehemently opposes. “I support [Obama’s] position [on the Bush tax cuts], and I think on the merits, upper-income people will have to contribute to long-term debt reduction.” Politico.com
2) Happy 237th birthday to the US Army this week. Thanks to all who have served and are currently serving, especially all of my grandfathers and other soldiers in my own life. Hoorah!
3) Every time I’m stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I am reminded of the opening scene of Mission Impossible: 3, where Tom Cruise is serenading his fianceé’s friends with stories of his life as a “traffic engineer”, and all the women swoon when he talks about how “one tap of the breaks can effect the surrounding cars for over 100 miles…”. The things that come to my mind these days.
4) The wait is finally over, and Suits is back for Season 2. Did anyone else catch the Season 2 premiere on USA Network last night?? Thoughts? (SPOILERS: ITS AWESOME)
5) If you haven’t seen ‘For Greater Glory’ yet, take the time to do it this weekend. Box office numbers are the only thing that get Hollywood’s attention, so if we want good movies to continue to be made, we have to support them when it counts! See my review of the movie HERE.
6) This flow-chart made my life. It’s been around a while, but in case you haven’t seen it, feast your eyes. Beware, it’ll get stuck in your head.
7) In keeping with my decision to leave #7 of Quick Takes as a favorite prayer, I give you the Memorare.
Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, my mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy, hear and answer me, Amen.
This entry was posted in faith and morals, family, international affairs, men, military, Obama, prayers, social networking, society, travel, values and tagged Beatles, Bill Clinton, bush tax cuts, current-events, Memorare, movies, politics, Suits, traffic, US Army, USA Network.