Wow. Wow. Wow. This is so complete and amazing. It is definitely worth reading!!
- Do they have gratitude towards their parents for all that they’ve done for them? If not, then know that they will never appreciate what you do for them.
- The fundamental emotional need of a woman is to be loved. The fundamental emotional need of a man is to be respected and appreciated.
- Recognize that there is incredible wisdom in why God has ordered us to refrain from intimacy before marriage; they are to prevent great harms as well as to keep sacred what is the most blessed part of a relationship between a man and a woman.
- Aside from the obvious spiritual consequences, when a relationship gets physical before its time, important issues like character, life philosophy, and compatibility go to the wayside. Consequently, everything is romanticized and it becomes difficult to even remember the important issues let alone talk about them.
- Intellectual commitment must be established before emotional or sexual commitment.
- If you don’t feel safe now, you won’t feel safe when you are married. if you don’t trust now, this won’t change when you are married!
- When people get into power struggles and blame each other, it’s an indication they don’t work well as a team. Also important is being vulnerable around each other. Ask deep questions of each other and see how your partner responds. How do they handle it? Are they defensive? Do they attack? Do they withdraw? Do they get annoyed? Do they blame you? Do they ignore it? Do they hide or rationalize it? don’t just listen to what they say but watch for how they say it.
- People fail to realize that if they are unhappy as a single person,k they will continue to be miserable when they are married. If you are currently not happy with yourself, don’t like yourself, don’t like the direction your life is going now, it’s important to take responsibility for that now and work on improving those areas of your life before considering marriage. Don’t bring these issues into your marriage and hope your partner will fix them.